Christmas is all about the values it promotes: love, gratitude, empathy, reflection, and caring for others. It is not only a time of festivities and get-togethers but is also an opportunity to connect with our inner self and reflect deeply about the contours of your life.
To celebrate the spirit of Christmas spirit, I went ahead and collected some popular Christmas quotes that you can use in your Christmas cards or when sending Christmas wishes to family and friends. You can also use them with your students in class to teach them about the values of love and gratitude that mark the Christmas spirit. Here are more educational Christmas resources to help you turn this holiday season into a fun learning experience for kids and students.
I handpicked these Christmas sayings from two reliable sources: Good Reads and BrainyQuote. These Christmas sayings come from different sources. Some of them are popular quotes from historical figures, politicians, and authors, and others are quotes from classic Christmas movies and popular Christmas stories. For more educational quotes to use in your instruction, check out best inspirational teacher quotes.
1. “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling”- Edna Ferber
2. “Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.”- Thomas S. Monson
3. “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” – Calvin Coolidge
4. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.”- Charles M. Schulz
5. “Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.”- Washington Irving
6. “Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving.”- B. C. Forbes
7. “I love the excitement, the childlike spirit of innocence and just about everything that goes along with Christmas.”- Hillary Scott
8. “Christmas is a stocking stuffed with sugary goodness.”- Mo Rocca
9. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” – Hamilton Wright Mabie
10. “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.”- Winston Churchill
11. “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.”- Charles Dickens
12.” He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.”- Roy L. Smith
13. “T’was the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.”- Clement Clarke Moore
14. “Christmas… is not an external event at all, but a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.”- Freya Stark
15. “Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.” Pindar
16. “The thing about Christmas is that it almost doesn’t matter what mood you’re in or what kind of a year you’ve had – it’s a fresh start.” – Kelly Clarkson
17. “Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!”- Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
18. “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”- Laura Ingalls Wilder
19. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” – Hamilton Wright Mabie
20. “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.” – Garrison Keillor, Leaving Home
21. “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” ― Eric Severeid
22. “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” ― Peg Bracken
23. “Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends.” ― Margaret Thatcher
Funny Christmas quotes
1. “The two most joyous times of the year are Christmas morning and the end of school.”- Alice Cooper
2. “Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas.”- Johnny Carson
3. “I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.”- Shirley Temple
4. “I once wanted to become an atheist, but I gave up – they have no holidays.”- Henny Youngman
5. “There’s something about a Christmas sweater that will always make me laugh.”- Kristen Wiig
6. “Our children await Christmas presents like politicians getting in election returns: there’s the Uncle Fred precinct and the Aunt Ruth district still to come in.”- Marcelene Cox
7. “The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”- George Carlin
8.”What I don’t like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day.”- Phyllis Diller
9. “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.”- Andy Rooney
10. “I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included.”- Bernard Manning
This whole Santa Claus thing just doesn’t make sense. Why all the secrecy? Why all the mystery?
If the guy exists why doesn’t he ever show himself and prove it?
And if he doesn’t exist what’s the meaning of all this?
I dunno. Isn’t this a religious holiday?
Yeah, but actually, I’ve got the same questions about God.”- Bill Watterson