The new year is almost upon us. This is a time for celebration, exchanging new year’s wishes, and most importantly reflection and planning, aka making resolutions. I personally have a sensitivity to the term resolution because I never seem to stick to the ones I make on the 31st of December. Let’s see, this year might be different though.
The purpose of this post is to share with you a collection of awesome new year’s quotes. Over the last few years, I developed this habit of reading new years quotes especially during the last two weeks of December.
1. Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.”— Rumi.
2. Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘It will be happier.'”—Alfred Lord Tennyson.
3. “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals”.— Melody Beattie.
4. “Celebrate what you want to see more of.”— Tom Peters.
5. “Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas and progress.”— Charles Kettering.
6. “Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.”— Hal Borland.
7. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”— Ralph Waldo Emerson.
8. “New Year’s Day. A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand. Only dreams give birth to change.”— Sarah Ban Breathnach.
9. “Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed.”— Cavett Robert.
10. “Come, gentlemen, I hope we shall drink down all unkindness.”— William Shakespeare.
11. “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” —Brad Paisley.
13. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” —Maya Angelou.
14. “You are never too old to reinvent yourself.”—Steve Harvey.
15.Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.— Rumi.
16. “Approach the new year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day.” —Michael Josephson.
17. “Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” —Neil Gaiman.
18. “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.”— Karen Kaiser Clark.
19. “New year—a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.”— Alex Morritt.
20. “The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul…”— Gilbert K. Chesterton.
21. “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.” ― Benjamin Franklin.
22. “As long as I am breathing, in my eyes, I am just beginning.”― Criss Jami, Killosophy.
23. “May the New Year bring you courage to break your resolutions early! My own plan is to swear off every kind of virtue, so that I triumph even when I fall!” ― Aleister Crowley, Moonchild.
24.“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language, and next year’s words await another voice.” — T.S. Eliot.
25. “The beginning is the most important part of the work.”— Plato.
26. “Each New Year, we have before us a brand new book containing 365 blank pages. Let us fill them with all the forgotten things from last year—the words we forgot to say, the love we forgot to show, and the charity we forgot to offer.” ― Peggy Toney Horton.
27.“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” — Socrates.
28. “I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.” ― Juansen Dizon.
29.“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” — Seneca.
30. “What do you need in the New Year? You need a dream; your dream needs an action; and your action needs right thinking! Without right thinking, you can have only unrealised dreams!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan.
31. “Kindness, kindness, kindness.I want to make a New year’s prayer, not a resolution. I’m praying for courage.”― Susan Sontag.
32. “New Year is a new chapter of life.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita.
33. “Why wait until New Year’s to create a new you?”― Jen Selinsky.
34. “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.”— Bill Vaughn.
35. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt.
36. “No matter how hard the past is, you can always begin again.” —Jack Kornfield.
37. “If you can dream it, you can do it.”— Walt Disney.
38. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”— Charles R. Swindoll.
39. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”— Samuel Beckett.
40. “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.”— Ralph Marston.
41. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”— Lyndon B. Johnson.
42. “In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.”— Dalai Lama.
43. “Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.”— Khalil Gibran.
44. “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.”— Joyce Brothers.
45. “I think anything is possible if you have the mindset and the will and desire to do it and put the time in.”— Roger Clemens.
46. “To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.”— Tony Dorsett.
47. “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.”— Yoko Ono.
48. “Look back, and smile on perils past.”— Walter Scott.
49. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.”— Walt Whitman.
50. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”— Robert Louis Stevenson.
Leave A Comment